Pullumb Puci was born in 1953 and started painting at the age of twelve(12). In 1983 he had his first exhibition in Gjirokastra and opened his own art gallery in Tirana in 1990. He has displayed in 1999 in Hague Amsterdam, Netherlands; 2003 in Zurich; with UNESCO in Tirana in 2004; and Gjirokastra in 2010.
In Mr Puci's words,"The title of the picture 'Poppy' of painting technique; is with oil kaveleti(Unable to discern "kaveleti" in either Italian or Albanian)."
In respect to the painting I purchased, he stated; "This kind of flowers sprout in nature; hills, fields, and through gritty earth. So I was inspired to paint it to a white background, placed in a dark blue bowl, which are held at the windows, at the yards and houses gardens".
I have seen poppies in the fields of Albania; growing alongside the roads of Albania and on the hillsides. They are of a deep vibrant red, with black centers and are of mixed heights. He has captured their "luxuriant" appearance with the heavy look of the painting...the poppies appear to lean out of the vase.
No comments:
Post a Comment